By Academic Coach Kristen Nicholson
The holiday season is a great time for us to reflect on the year and be thankful for our loved ones, for all that we have, and all the accomplishments we have made. The holiday season is also a great time to prepare for a new year and to determine what goals will become a priority. Just as important as personal resolutions, school resolutions can make a significant impact in making academic strides. Below are some school resolutions that you can set for yourself so that you can be your very best in the classroom!
- Stop procrastinating: Start making your goals a priority. Giving yourself adequate time reduces stress and allows you a greater chance of doing well.
- Keep a calendar: Start making note of important dates. Referring to a calendar prevents missed deadlines and allows you to allocate your time properly.
- Remove distractions: Start creating an effective learning environment. Removing social media, television, and phone interruptions will keep you more focused.
- Stick to a routine: Start building the day around schoolwork. Making your schoolwork part of each day, just as you do with eating and sleeping, will allow you to stay on track.
- Track goals: Start celebrating your achievements. Listing your goals and checking them off along the way will provide you with motivation to work towards remaining goals.
So now it’s time to countdown to a new year with new resolutions and new accomplishments.
3… 2… 1… Happy Holidays and see you in the classroom!