Many of our students have questions about whether online learning with Smart Horizons is right for them. We usually tell them that if they are able to use social media like Facebook, they should be able to adapt to our online courses. In fact, one of the best things about our courses is that they were designed for modern day students who are always on the go and surrounded by technology, and traditional education might not be keeping up with their needs!
Check out the following questions to help you decide.
- Are you at least 16-years-old?
- If you are under the age of 18, did you complete 8th grade?
- Do you have uninterrupted access to computer with Internet access for greater than 2 hours a day or up to 10 hours per week?
- Does your computer meet our technical requirements?
- Is this a time in your life where you feel you can stay motivated to earn your high school diploma? (Example motivators can be to get a promotion, to achieve this for yourself or a family member, or to open your mind to new things.)
- Do you have a private, quiet space that you can use for working on the online program? (Example learning environments can be a home office or quiet space, a public library or a relative or friend’s house.)
- Can you dedicate at least 10 hours a week to the online program?